Friday 28 October 2011

1st Annual Danville Tour d’Élégance

On September 17th and 18th, the first annual Danville Tour d’Élégance was held in conjunction with the 7th annual Danville Concours d’Élégance.

The events were held in support of Parkinson’s Research and the Michael J. Fox Foundation.

I had the huge honour of doing the illustration/design work for the Danville Tour d’Élégance, which celebrated Phil Hill and the 50th anniversary of his Formula 1 World Drivers’ Championship. My work included the poster, the banner, and the car sticker.


I also donated one of my Phil Hill signed limited editions, on which I added a "remarque" sketch of Hill racing a Ferrari Testa Rossa.

I've been told the event was a great success, and will be held again next year. I’ve also been asked to be part of it again, and of course I said ‘YES”!

Vincent Chiaro covered the event for egarage; you can read his story here:
http://www.egarage.com/events/danville-concours-delegance/

All photos courtesy and © of Vincent Chiaro
 http://www.vincentchiaro.com/

1 comment:

Art Tidesco said...

Congrats on getting your art to Danville Paul.

I have a friend Geoffrey who has told me about Danville maybe one day we shall manage to meet there ?