Wednesday 25 November 2009

Bruce McLaren's Last Season ...

"The Last Season" is an excellent book featuring an overview of Bruce McLaren's racing career, but mostly focusing on the 1969 (his last season of racing) Can-Am.



















The book also highlights the other drivers participating in Can-Am: Denis Hulme, Peter Revson, Lothar Motschenbacher, Mario Andretti, John Surtees, Dan Gurney, George Eaton, Chuck Parsons, John Cordts, Sir Jack Brabham ...


It's written by Jeanne Beeching and was published in 1972. Well worth looking for ...

1 comment:

Jeffery Blackwell said...

Paul -

I was there for the Bruce & Denny show in Michigan, Ohio and Wisconsin.

They were the guys that taught me that fast is boring. In the sense that it is undramatic. Smooth, consistent, quiet... and fast. I learned to watch for these traits to pick out the best drivers.

It was also a great thrill for me to watch one of my personal heroes, Jackie Stewart, in this series.

As long as we're talking about books, I found a great one last weekend about the racing career of another of my heroes - Paul Newman.

It's called "Winning: The Racing Life of Paul Newman" and has some absolutely fabulous photos.