Thursday 17 May 2012

A Passion for Art & Motorsports History

Some people start their passions early in life, while others slowly get around to it.

I guest I fit in the latter category; I started collecting vintage racing toys and reading of motorsports history when I was thirty years old. That was almost 25 years ago, yet I’m still discovering new things and having more and more fun along the way.

Then there are the younger set who’s passions start very young, usually introduced to them by their parents, a sort of passion passed on …

Recently, I was contacted by Jenny from the USA who wanted to acquire some of my art. They were decorating their son Lucas’ room, yet found my archival limited editions a bit over budget, and my greeting card sets a bit too small.

With this in mind, I decided to make available affordable 10”x 8” open edition prints. Jenny choose a selection, I had them printed up, and shipped them out to her.

Yesterday, I received the wonderful note and photos below:

Hi Paul,
I am so sorry it's been so long since I replied back to you. Life has a way of sweeping you along and before you know it ... two months go by before you get around to that email!
Anyways, I just wanted to tell how great the prints look! They are such a nice addition to our son's room. Again, we appreciate so much that you worked with us so that we could enjoy your art in our home :)
Our sweet boy is actually only 10 months old! But he will grow up with that art around him. He is all boy and already likes cars and makes car noises :)
Our 11 year old son thinks your art is pretty sweet too! Here is a pic of how we hung up the prints. (snapshots never do it justice, the room looks awesome!)
Thanks again,
Jenny



Passion can come in very small packages!

1 comment:

Murray Dewhurst said...

Cute! I like that car mobile too.