Monday 13 February 2012

Market Fresh Racing Art

I’ve started going to the local Halifax Seaport Farmer’s Market to sell my art.

It’s probably not the place you’d think of trying to sell racing history art, but there are many artists selling there, and they say that, past this rather more quiet time, they do quite well at the market.

I’ve had good weekends and bad weekends financially, but I have to say that I have zero competition, and I’ve enjoyed my time there. I occasionally even have time to do some sketching, like this past weekend; I managed to get two little sketches done.

Ayrton Senna – McLaren MP4/4 – British Grand Prix 1988

Pen&ink and markers on red stock 5”x 7” (12.7cm x 17.78cm) © Paul Chenard 2012


The visitor’s reactions range from curiosity to slack-jawed shock! In the 4 weekends that I’ve been there, I’ve already developed a following. In fact, I believe I’ll get a few commissions from being there.

Schlesser/Grant - Cobra Daytona Coupe – Le Mans 1965

Pen&ink and markers on blue stock 5”x 7” (12.7cm x 17.78cm) © Paul Chenard 2012

I’m at a different location and different setup each time, but it’s actually very good training for going to tradeshows or exhibitions.

It’s a good way get known by the local racing fans too!

No comments: